Shaping the Future Force
Looking to 2030 and beyond, the Force Exploration Hub engages with a diverse range of thinkers to develop ideas, joint concepts and evidence to equip the future force to effectively confront a future operating environment of accelerated change and uncertainty.
The Force Exploration Hub works closely with Defence Science and Technology as well as the Services and Groups to generate, develop and test ideas. This work informs future Defence capability investment while building a unique and useful body of knowledge to support force structure plans and strategic assessments.
View the Shaping the Future Force brochure (PDF, 3.7MB).
What we are creating
The Force Exploration Hub creates:
- Concept-driven models to achieve operational success
- New design ideas for the joint force that are compelling, tested, and ready for further development
- Evidence required to contest or reinforce investment decisions that define the overall capability direction of the future force.
What we are delivering
The Force Exploration Hub delivers:
- Focused relevant future products that inform further idea and concept work, experimentation and future scenarios, policy and intelligence activities, and capability development
- Research and development of innovative ideas that have been gathered from a diverse range of organisations and thinkers
- Joint concepts for the future force that are able to be expanded, explored and tested.
Connect with us to share your ideas and insights about the future.
Email us at email@example.com
- Navigating Uncertainty: The Future of Futures Analysis in the Australian Public Service,
National Security College, 14 June 2020
- Science Fiction to Science Fact, Army News, May 28 2020
- A Real Future to Marvel At, Air Force News, May 28 2020
- Forecasting the Future Operating Environment, Defence News, May 27 2020
- Tomorrow’s ADF, Defence Magazine, Issue 2 2018