Australian Defence Force Sport
The mission of the ADF Sports Cell is to develop and enhance participation in ADF sports to support the ethos and values of the ADF in an environment that is enjoyable and appropriately administered and governed. The cell, which is located at Campbell Park Offices in Canberra, is responsible for:
- The development and implementation of an ADF Sports Strategy.
- ADF sports administrative processes and rules.
- Recognition and approval of ADF Sports associations.
- Approval and resourcing for national inter-Service and combined Service competitions and events.
- Approval and resourcing for participation in international combined Service/military competitions and events.
ADF Sports Cell Priorities
The ADF Sports Cell is continuing to formalise Defence sport through:
- Assuming responsibility for management of the Adaptive Sports Program.
- Promoting fitness, teamwork and a healthy lifestyle for ADF personnel; fostering sporting relationships with Allies and the community through competition, and encouraging those that need rehabilitation and support to achieve their goals.
- Creating opportunities and pathways for all serving personnel, including Wounded, Injured and Ill (WII) members, to participate in well-organised and rewarding sporting events.
- Continuing the full range of annual domestic inter-Service events as well as three-yearly international sporting events.
- Continuing participation at international WII events, such as the United States Department of Defense Warrior Games and the Invictus Games.
- Supporting the new Veterans Sports Australia (VSA) organisation for the ex-serving WII community.