Woomera Prohibited Area Coordination Office
The Woomera Prohibited Area Coordination Office is a joint Australian Government—South Australian Government office established to administer non-Defence use of the Woomera Prohibited Area.
The Woomera Prohibited Area (WPA) is a globally unique military testing range covering nearly 124,000 square kilometres in north-west South Australia.
The WPA is an important Defence capability and testing and evaluation asset that plays a significant role in Australia’s national security.
The WPA is also highly prospective and the South Australian Government estimates that more than $35 billion in developments could be possible over the next decade.
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please contact the WPA Coordination Office.
- Minister for Defence attends ceremony marking the return of Maralinga Tjarutja lands at Woomera, November 2014
- Industry workshop presentation slides, October 2014 (PDF)
- Implications of 2014 legislative changes for new and existing users
- New legislation came into effect 9 August 2014. Learn more about the changes.
- The Defence Legislation Amendment (Woomera Prohibited Area) Bill 2014 was passed by Parliament on 16 July 2014.