Program of Events
Between 2014 and 2018 Australia is commemorating the Centenary of Anzac, marking 100 years since our nation's involvement in the First World War. During this period, we will commemorate many events where Australian servicemen and women served.
The Centenary of Anzac will be a time when our experiences of war and conflict during the First World War and over the last one hundred years will receive national attention and analysis. It will also be a time for Australians to contemplate the legacy of those who have gone before them over the last century, and those who never returned to their families and friends.
The commemorations below will be run by the Australian Defence Force in addition to the significant support the ADF will provide to many other domestic and international events. View the full Australian Government Centenary of Anzac Program here.
Information will be available as each commemoration occurs.
- The 75th Anniversary of the Fall of Singapore at the Ex-prisoner of War Memorial, Ballarat, Australia on 15 February 2017.
- Anzac Day 2017 in France, Belgium and Gallipoli.
- 75th Anniversary of the Battle of the Coral Sea in Canberra, Australia from 4-8 May 2017.
- 75th Anniversary of Bomber Command Operations at the Bomber Command Memorial, Australian War Memorial, Canberra, Australia on 30 May 2017.
- Centenary of Messines, Belgium on 7 June 2017.
- Opening of Menin Gate Anniversary, Belgium on 24 July 2017.
- 75th Anniversary of the Battle of Milne Bay, Canberra on 25 August 2017.
- 70th Anniversary of Peacekeepers and Peacemakers Operations, Anzac Parade, Canberra, Australia on 14 September 2017.
- 100th Anniversary of the Battle of Polygon Wood, Belgium in September 2017.
- 75th Anniversary of the Battle of El Alamein and the culmination of the North Africa campaigns, Canberra on 24 October 2017.
- 100th Anniversary of the Battle of Beersheba at Be’er-sheva, Israel on 31 October 2017.
- 75th Anniversary of the Kokoda and the Beachheads, Canberra on 7 November 2017.
- Remembrance Day 2017 at the Australian War Memorial, Canberra on 11 November 2017.
- The 75th Anniversary of the Battle of the Atlantic at the Royal Australian Navy Memorial, Anzac Parade, Canberra on 1 May 2018.
- 100th Anniversary of the Battle of Hamel, France on 4 July 2018.
- 100th Anniversary of the Battle of Amiens, France on 8 August 2018.
- 100th Anniversary of the Battle of Mont St Quentin, France on 31 August 2018.
- 75th Anniversary of Australian work on Hell Fire Pass and completion of Thai Burma Railway at the Australian Ex-Prisoners of War Memorial, Ballarat on 16 October 2018.
- 100th anniversary of the First World War Armistice at the Australian War Memorial, Canberra on 11 November 2018.
- Remembrance Day commemorations in London, France and Belgium, November 2018.
- Centenary of the Battle of Jutland
31 May - Denmark
- Centenary of the Somme Offensive
1 July - France
- Centenary of the Battle of Fromelles
19 July - France
- Centenary of the Battle of Pozieres
23 July - France
- Mouquet Farm
5 August - France
- AE2 Naval Ceremony
22 April (Sea of Marmara)
- Royal Australian Navy Port Calls
22-30 April - Greece, Italy, Egypt and Malta
- Dedication of Australian War Memorial Wellington, New Zealand
25 April - Wellington, New Zealand
- Commemoration of Hellfire Pass and Kanchanburi
25 April - Thailand
- Second Battle of Ypres
22 April–28 May - Belgium
- Commemoration of the 70th Anniversary of the Victory in Europe
8 May - Australian War Memorial
- Centenary of the August Offensive
6-10 August - Turkey
- Commemorative Missions Marking D-Day Landings at Normandy
6 June 2014 - Normandy, France
- Commemoration of the start of World War I
3 August 2014 - Portsea, United Kingdom
- Australian Naval and Military Expeditionary Force Landing at Rabaul, New Guinea and Commemoration of HMAS AE1
11-14 September 2014 - Rabaul, Papua New Guinea
- Albany Convoy Commemoration
1 November 2014 - Albany, France
- Commemoration of the Battle of Cocos
9 November 2014 - Cocos Islands