Operation ACCORDION's mission is to support the sustainment of Australian Defence Force (ADF) operations, enable contingency planning and enhance regional relationships in the Middle East Region (MER).
From Australia's main logistics base in the MER, around 400 ADF personnel provide support to Australian operations throughout the region, including Operations OKRA, HIGHROAD and MANITOU.
Operation ACCORDION's supporting Units are:
Theatre Communications Group (TCG)
- The Theatre Communications Group (TCG) is an ADF joint unit.
- The Theatre Communications Group is responsible for the provision of national command and welfare communications and information systems to deployed Australian members throughout the MER.
Force Support Element (FSE)
- The Force Support Element (FSE) provides logistic support, personnel support and in theatre induction training for Australian Defence Force members in the Middle East Region.
- The tasks of the Force Support Element include managing and distributing supplies and equipment necessary for the conduct of operations and providing postal support throughout the Middle East Region. The FSE provides numerous theatre wide personnel and administrative support functions including ADF pay, personnel operational recording and honours and awards.
- The Force Support Element is also responsible for reception, staging and onward movement for all personnel entering the Middle East Region. This training provides the final preparation for personnel before they move forward to their deployed locations, while also assisting with acclimatisation and the change in time zones.
Expeditionary Airbase Operations Unit (EAOU)
- The Expeditionary Airbase Operations Unit (formerly Combat Support Unit) is responsible for logistics and ground support for aircraft assigned in support of Op ACCORDION, HIGHROAD and OKRA. The EAOU also provides administrative and support functions to the main logistics base for ADF operations in the Middle East Region.
Air Component Command Element – Middle East Region (ACCE-MER)
- The Air Component Command Element provides coordination and tasking support to HQJTF633 for all aircraft assigned to Operation ACCORDION.
Combined Air Operations Centre (CAOC) Detachment
- A small element is co-located with the multinational CAOC in the MER. This detachment provides important information and liaison duties to enable ADF air operations throughout the MER.
Air Mobility Task Unit (AMTU)
- The Air Mobility Task Unit consists of the air crew, aircraft maintainers and the aircraft that enable HQ JTF633 to provide air support to OP ACCORDION, OP MANITOU, OP OKRA, and OP HIGHROAD as well as planning for contingency operations.
Joint Movements Coordination Centre (JMCC)
- The Joint Movements Coordination Centre is responsible for the coordination and control of personnel and cargo throughout the MER and Afghanistan.
- The Joint Movements Coordination Centre provides movements support to the deployed force, including the movement planning, control, coordination and execution of this support in accordance with the force's requirements and priorities.
ADF Investigation Service (ADFIS)
- The Australian Defence Force Investigation Service has a team that contributes to the security and safety of the deployed members through lawful, ethical and effective investigation of complex incidents or activities.