skip to navigation skip to content skip to footer

Defence Community Organisation

For ADF members and their families

1800 624 608

Other government support

Department of Veterans’ Affairs

Defence and the Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA) are committed to working together to provide support for you throughout your ADF career and after you transition. DVAs services include:

  • advisory services
  • rehabilitation and compensation
  • mental health services
  • income support.

Visit the DVA website for more information or speak with your local On Base Advisory Service.

Department of Human Services

The Department of Human Services delivers social and health related payments and services through:

  • Medicare – looks after the health of Australians through programs such as the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme, the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register and Australian Organ Donor Register.
  • Centrelink - delivers payments and services for retirees, job seekers, families, carers, people with disability, Indigenous Australians, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. Centrelink also provides special assistance at times of crisis.
  • Child Support Services - for separated parents to ensure their children are supported through the Child Support Scheme.

Visit for full information on the payments and services available, and your eligibility.

You will need an Employment Separation Certificate to access income support payments and services through Human Services. Let your ADF Transition Officer know if you need one.

Commonwealth Superannuation Corporation

Commonwealth Superannuation Corporation (CSC) is the Trustee for the Defence Force Retirement and Death Benefits Scheme (DFRDB), MilitarySuper (MSBS) and the ADFSuper SchemeCSC schemes are set up solely to meet the superannuation needs of Australian Government employees and members of the Australian Defence Forces. They're appointed by the Australian Government to maximise members' benefits and act in members' best interests. 

If you leave the ADF as medically unfit for further service, you may be eligible for an invalidity benefit. Invalidity benefits help you meet your income needs in retirement or transitioning to civilian life. Your superannuation entitlements depend on your personal circumstances. You'll need to contact your superannuation fund or your financial adviser to receive tailored advice.